The Coalition’s Family Connection’s Strategy Group creates strategies that strengthen and enhance partnerships amongst families, schools and the community.
Our Past Projects
- “Raising Readers” workshops in Family Resource Centers.
- “Parent and Child Together Days” at the Family Literacy Center.
- Developing a “Parent-to-Parent” campaign to promote library use and daily reading to infants, toddlers and young students.
- Developing the “Passport to Summer Learning” project.
- Offering “Read and Rise” workshops to parents.
Co-Chair, Maria Simao, Literacy Volunteers of Central CT
Co-Chair, Marie Mormile-Mehler, CMHA